Who has control of your personal information?
Chez Vous Restaurant & Rooms is a trading name of Chez Vous Events Ltd which is registered at 432 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham, CR6 9LA.
Company Registered in England and Wales No: 3253337. VAT No: 771 483904 Chez Vous Event Ltd are data controllers and data processors and will use your personal information as described in this Policy.
How to contact us if you have any queries
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact us: Nicky Bradley, Office Manager Chez Vous, 432 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham, CR6 9LA.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information about you in several different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by email, post or telephone and when you book to dine or stay with us in our restaurant, rooms or book our outside catering service.
What information do we collect?
When you make a purchase, enquiry, subscribe to information through our website or book our restaurant, rooms or catering service we will need to ask for certain pieces of information to process your booking, purchase or enquiry. The information we collect depends on which of our services you use but could include the following personal data:
Why we collect it:
- Title - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- First Name - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- Last Name - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- Month of Birth - To allow us to personalise our service to you by means of special treats with regard to our Club Prestige membership
- Email address - We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you confirmation emails regarding your booking and any of our company offers.
- Telephone number - We ask for your telephone number so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can call you or send you SMSs/text messages regarding your bookings.
- Address and post code – We are required by law to obtain this information in accordance with the Immigration (hotel record) order 1972 for any room bookings.
- Payment Details – So we can process your booking or purchase from us
- Passport Number - We are required by law to obtain this information from any non-UK nationals in accordance with the Immigration (hotel record) order 1972 for any room bookings.
What do we do with your personal information?
In addition to the uses described in the 'What information do we collect?' section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you complete our online form, write to us, email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
- to provide our services to you;
- to improve and personalise our services;
- to take payments due to us;
- to process online orders and payments for gift vouchers, Club Prestige membership and online room and restaurant bookings;
- where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for internal analysis and reporting. For example, we may keep records of your visits to assist us to identify market trends and business levels;
- to manage your membership and communicate your special offers and keep your communication preferences current;
- to host, administer, improve our website; and/or
- for other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method in which you provide your information to us.
How do we hold and secure your personal information?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
- Access to your personal information is restricted to only those Chez Vous employees that require it to process bookings and communicate with you.
- All electronic and online booking systems and communication platforms are password protected and/or encrypted (including third party suppliers).
- All payment information including card payments are processed in real time through PDQ terminals and full card information is never stored electronically.
- Periodic scans are completed of Chez Vous electronic devices and computers in accordance with PCI DSS COMPLIANCE.
- We will never ask for card details by email, only online through our payment platform, STRIPE and via telephone orders/deposits.
- There is someone with specific responsibility for Data Protection within Chez Vous;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so;
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is held, managed and used;
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- A breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against the members of staff concerned;
How do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We do not share your information with any third-party companies or organisations for Marketing or Advertising purposes.
- As required by law;
- Where we need to do so to enforce our rights or protect our interests (for example, to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you).
- We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
Use of your information for marketing purposes
When you provide your information, we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about products or services provided by Chez Vous, including special offers, which we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by unsubscribing from our email communications or contacting the Office Manager, Chez Vous, 432 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham, CR6 9LA.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
Right to be Informed
You have the right to obtain information from us on how we collect, process and hold your personal data and why we require this information; as set out above.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies or out dated information in the personal information we hold about you.
Right of Access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held by us. As a security measure, we may require proof of your identity before we make any changes to your information or provide a copy of your information. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative charge if you ask to access your information.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to ask us to remove all personal data we hold for you when we have no reason to continue holding or processing the data (note by law, for accounting and auditing purposes we are required to hold a certain amount of data for a minimum period).
You have the right to stop marketing communications at any time. You can just click Unsubscribe on any marketing email you are sent or let us know at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Office Manager at Chez Vous, 432 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham, CR6 9LA if you wish to update your information, correct any inaccuracies or obtain a copy of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time to ensure that you are kept informed of how we use your personal information and in compliance with GDPR. We will notify you of any significant changes by flagging the updated policy on our website or by sending you an email.